Sunday, May 07, 2006

Pod Child

My youngest must be part POD Child. I know from what I've just witnessed that he can't be mine.
Saturday mornings the kids are suppose to bring their laundry down and try to at least get the stuff into the dark and light piles. But when you have boys they seem to just dump the lot. Well, I was down in the laundry room when Patrick was sorting his clothing. Patrick is 13. I was watching him and noticed that he looked at each item and if it was inside out he would swtich it and also unroll each sock that was in a ball.
I asked him..."Did dad ask you to do your clothes like that?"
Nope, I just do it...because the dirt is on the outside and I want to make sure all the dirt comes off.
"Okay" I said.
I walk out of the room with the thought...Nope he can't be mine...but then he looks so much like me I guess he is.... Truly amazing. Still shaking my head at the disbelief.

No comments: