Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My Driveway

On my street they are ripping up the end of everyone's driveway and sidewalks..Yes, they started jack hammering yesterday and this morning starting at 7 AM. So, today they start mine. Now mind you my drive is cracked in the middle and sinking in one part. Hubby and I got an estimate about a year ago to have it replaced...WOW over $3000. Nope, thank you very much we will watch it sink till it swallows the truck.

So, I look today and think the crack has gotten bigger due to the jack hammer. So I call the city people..They come out and tell me NO WAY...(Hey it doesn't hurt to try).
The city guy was talking to the forman and they were telling me that the bottom part is going to be uneven when the new end part is put in and I will have a drainage problem....I was like heck no....You need to put it in so there is no problem....we go back and forth. The city guy tells me to ask these guy to give me a quote to replace the entire drive today. I look at him like he has 2 heads and told him hubby was out of the counrty so that isn't an option.
The 2 men start talking back and forth. Well, for $500 they are replacing the drive and the city is covering the rest...WHOOO HOOO.!!!! I figure I had them with the drainage problem.

I am watching them work on it now and taking photos that I will post later. I missed them ripping up the drive due to an errand I had to run. But it was cool to come home and see the progress.

I am doing my happy jig over the savings!!!!!!!!!!

So, you are thinking.... was the crack really bigger???? I'm not telling.

No comments: