Monday, May 08, 2006

Blank Check

Do you have a tree that grows money??? I have a feeling that most kids believe that their parents do.
I was taking baseball team photos yesterday. Each kid had a form and money all ready in their hot little hand. I would open each form to see if the child was getting the individual photo. You know the one...stand at the base and pretend you are ready to swing the bat....
One kid hands me the form and a signed blank check.

"Hey sweetie. Do you know which package your mom wants?" I said.

"No, but this is the one I want." (he points to the most expensive one on the list...cha ching !!!)

"Well, what does your mom usually get? The kid points to the basic package most purchase.

"Lets do this. I will take your photo and write out the check for this basic package. If your mom says yes to the other package, all she has to do is call the number on the form."

I am not holding my breath waiting for the phone to ring. There is just something about a 9 year old and a blank check floating around in their bag that boggles the mind.

Can you say shopping spree!!!

No comments: